Tuesday, April 20, 2010

CALL, UiTM

Hello,
This blog is created as a requirement for the TSL 641 Computer Assisted Language Learning subject for the Teaching English as Second Language (TESL) program at the MARA University of Technology (UiTM) Sri Iskandar, Perak.
The students (one of them is me), are required to create a blog that can assist with English Language learning. There are many blogs out there with so many fantastic ideas, how do I compete with them. I want my blog to be different, and so, after thinking long and very extremely hard, I've decided to create a blog that displays exercises in form of puzzles created based on the newly introduced Literature Component for Secondary Schools. This component is currently being used is secondary schools beginning January 2010. Among the literary text in the component are poems, short stories, dramas and graphics novels.
The aim of this blog is to provide creative and educational puzzles base on the literary components to help Malaysian secondary school students to understand the text better. Sure, they learn these materials in school but outside of school, they can use these puzzles as exercises to help strengthen their understand and help them to memorize the main idea or keywords in the component better.
Thank you AP Radzi for giving us this assignment. It made my brain spinning with ideas and indirectly help me to kill so many birds with one stone; first is of course to pass this paper TSL641, second to help me prepare for my TSL430 Literature in Malaysian School exam which covers these literary components, third is to help me prepare for my microteaching for TSL471 Methodology in Teaching Literature and the forth is that I am a puzzle junkie, so I want to do something that I love with hopes that after this semester is over, I will still continues to update this blog, InsyaAllah.
Ok boys and girls, let's get this show on the road!!!!
Enjoy.
Wahida
TESL

No comments:

Post a Comment